Re: [OM] Oly C-2500L card problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly C-2500L card problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:12:02 -0700
The quickest, cheapest way to do both is to find someone, friend, acquaintance, friendly local camera/electronics store, who will lend you a working cable. Then you can both determine if your cable is bad and, if that's it, save the pics too. You might also want to try the smaller card in the reader again, to make sure the reader or its driver didn't suddenly go South.

Once the immediate problems of saving the pics and finding out just what the problem is are past, it should be easy to find the longer term solution. If the cable is bad, you can buy a new one, or, since cables generally last longer than the electronics they interconnect, find a used one on the 'Bay or in the junque box at a store. It may just be that the card needs reformatting.

Hey, another idea, try cleaning the contacts on the card and blowing out the reader.

Moose

Judith Barnett wrote:

In addition to what I just wrote is there anyway of knowing if the problem with the orig. RS232 cable was the cable itself or internally in the camera connection for the RS232?

Judith Barnett <pooh4jvn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Moose,
    After searching for an hr. I finally located the orig. RS232 cable
    and as I was setting everything up to download that way I
    remembered the reason I went to the card reader was the RS232
    cable stopped working. Now I am between a rock and a hard place.