Re: [OM] OT computer question but related to OM

Subject: Re: [OM] OT computer question but related to OM
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:22:42 -0700
On 4/20/03 13:29, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>>We haven't heard anything from Mike.  Maybe we're so far off topic now
>>that he's been scared away :-)

Well, Mike spent a pleasant Easter visiting in-laws on the neighboring
island. Took the kids to the easter egg hunt at the beach and then ate
too much  and slept on the ferry home :>)

Monday I'll be shopping for a cheap SCSI card. Hopefully less than $40.
And I'll not be tossing the old E3 flatbed in a landfill either. I
subscribe to the "drive it 'til it drops" philosophy. And it sounds like
a $10 cable ought to keep it running chained to the film scanner.

Next project is to flash the BIOS in order to use a bigger hard drive.
Kind of a daunting task as I've never done it before. Any thing I should
_NOT_ do? If you don't hear from me for a month you'll know it didn't go
so well.

Mike