Re: [OM] Book Report, Mastering Digital Printing, by Harald Johnson

Subject: Re: [OM] Book Report, Mastering Digital Printing, by Harald Johnson
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:32:26 -0700
At 01:23 PM 4/18/2003 -0700, Moose wrote:
Mike first recommended this book, then Jan, who has a vested interest, since he is in it both in word and image.

I bought the book too but have not studied in details to make a judgement yet...

...- Color spaces. Somebody mentioned switching to sRBG to enliven images as a 'trick' he got someplace. The chapter on color management finally got my understanding of color spaces clear so I could understand why this would work for web images but is a bad idea for images to be printed. It also demystified some details about how this works in Photoshop.

That's probably me. Yes, do convert to sRGB for web images, and do NOT use sRGB for anything else. The usual recommendation is to use AdobeRGB for all the work, and convert to the correct profile as the last step, just like sharpening....