[OM] OM tornado repellant

Subject: [OM] OM tornado repellant
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:56:49 -0500
The airbags hanging down in the way and the relocated radiator presented
certain drivability issues for my old vehicle so I have a new one now.  It
has a rather large console between the front seats, so I have finally gotten
around to stocking an OM Road Warrior kit.  In the top tray of the console,
ready for a quick draw, is a not-yet-John-H-CLA'd OM-2N and Winder 1
mounting a Sigma 80-200 f/3.5-4 one-touch, slightly fungid zoom.  In a
diaper bag underneath are a 24/2.8 and 50/1.8 Zuiko.  When it gets hotter
I'll replace the Zuikos with a grinding Sigma 35-85 f/2.8-4 zoom (I don't
care too much if the Sigma zooms get baked. Closed vehicle parked in the
Texas sun, you know.) And as long as the weather is mild, my Sigma 400/5.6
also resides there.  My Hakuba tripod rests in a hidden compartment in the
aft bulkhead behind the back seat.

I'm ready for pretty much anything that appears on the road now, like the
April tornadoes dancing across in front of me last year.  Of course I'll
never see such a thing now that I have a camera in easy reach.  Sigh.

Gary Edwards