[OM] [OT] Thanks to whomever suggested NeatImage

Subject: [OM] [OT] Thanks to whomever suggested NeatImage
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:00:05 -0400
A week or two ago someone on the list mentioned using an application called NeatImage which is a tool to remove "noise" from digital images. <http://www.neatimage.com>

Thanks. This is one of the neatest tools I've ever seen. So far I've only tried it on a few very grainy, 2700 dpi scans from my Acer Scanwit. Not sure what the film was but it and the Scanwit really don't get along when it comes to grain. My 1.2 GHz, 384 MB machine has to chug away for about 4-5 minutes working on the 27 MB image but it literally makes grain go away like magic.

So far I've only got the freebie trial version and I don't know how to do anything other than mark clear areas for analysis. But the results are still great. Total learning investment so far... about 5 minutes.

Recommended.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA