[OM] Filter saved my lens from mold!!

Subject: [OM] Filter saved my lens from mold!!
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:26:24 +0800
So I haven't used my OM for about two weeks, as it's been raining most of the time here in Taiwan. Well, Sunday, the gf and I went to the pottery museum, as it was a sunny day... Well, I opened up my bag, and when I removed the lens cap from my 90mm lens, the filter was full of mold.. I store it face down, with a lens cap, and apparently, there was some moisture at the bottom of my bag, and so I had "Fungus Among Us" problems... The mold was only on the bottom.. Between the lens cap and my filter. ;-) Dead Hoya, but apparently, the filter~lens screw was pretty airtight... I examined the lens and it was just fine, the filter.. That's what filters are for right??

So... A filter saved my lens from mold and fungus.. Just thought I'd share!

Albert