Re: [OM] ( OM ) Very OT accidentz

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Very OT accidentz
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:46:27 +0200
I remember it as Gerard Hoffnung too. However, Nye Bevan might have been
the originator....

Roger Key

Julian Davies wrote:

I know this as a Gerard Hoffnung monologue from the 1950s. He did some very
funny ones, including the American tourist's guide to London "you must try
the famous echo in the reading room of the British Museum", and "all police
stations display a red light above the door".

The monologue below was turned into a very amusing folk - ish song by an
Irishman whose name escapes me. Brightened my day when I heard it on the
way to work a couple of weeks ago

Julian