Re: [OM] Composition question.

Subject: Re: [OM] Composition question.
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:46:41 -0600
Diffused light, in and of itself, will not necessarily fill shadows --
it has more to do with the quality of the "edges" or transitions from
dark to light (sort of like contrast, but not really).

Whether a diffused source fills shadows or not depends on the size of
the diffused source and it's distance from the subject.  One of the most
important rules to remember is that a diffused light source that's too
far from the subject will perform just like a point source -- it will
cast a sharp shadow, just a dimmer one.  So keep your diffused source
big and close to the subject for the best effect.