Re: [OM] Vivitar Series1 600mm f8 $250 BIN

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series1 600mm f8 $250 BIN
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:52:51 -0800
Thanks for posting the link - I had forgotten about it. I've had more
experience with the VS1 800 f11. The biggest problem I've had is
focusing it. The resolution seemed to be fine. Under certain situations
the contrast would wash out (don't understand why perhaps error on my
part). That doesn't exactly match the test results. I don't recall
having seen the Zuiko 500 wash out but it is just as hard to focus. For
picture quality and ease of use the Tamron 400 f4 has them all beat. For
carrying around in my bag the mirrors are superb ... I just have to
figure out how to use them.
-jeff

***snip snip***
may be legendary, but it doesn't look so great in the tests here
<http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-cat-tests.txt>