Re: [OM] Re: So digital can do it all?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: So digital can do it all?
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:45:56 -0600
Quoting Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Standard disclaimer: I still shoot a lot of film. I still
> love and use my large OM collection. I am not saying
> anyone is a bad person for being a "digicam resister."
> But I will continue to rebut inaccuracies and
> misstatements about digital -- hopefully in a
> non-theatening manner... :-)

Jan,
I've enjoyed this discussion a lot. No hostility here from
a foot-dragging film lover.

Question:  Are you using the digicam in conjunction with
film shooting in any special way?  What I'm thinking about
is the immediate feedback, sort of the way folks have used
polaroid in the past.

Although that would take some getting used to for me. I
was recently set up along with about 6 other photographers
at Yosemite.  The guy with the Nikon digicam invited me to
come look at the exposure he'd just taken.  It was of
course very small on the screen and would have taken a
trained eye to judge as acceptable or not.

Joel W.