Re: [OM] Lost Zuiko in the Mail?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lost Zuiko in the Mail?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:28:10 -0800

On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 08:10 AM, Mike wrote:

brief true story:

Due to a miscommunication a parcel containing climbing gear and photo
gear (p*ntax, sorry) was sent to me in Peru.
6 months later and many trip to PO in Lima still no package.
Finally before leaving Peru I convinced someone to let me into the
basement of the PO where I found rooms piled with packages. I was
directed to a room where we dug through the pile for about 20 minutes
and finally found my package. It had been there at least 4 months. No
longer having a use for the contents nor wanting to carry it back with
me nor wanting to pay the duty of twice the value of the contents I
refused it and asked that it be returned to sender.
9 months later it showed up at my home in the US

mike

Something similar in the US. I sent a package to my brother in Cedaredge, Colorado. They have a PO box since rural delivery is "iffy". The package would not fit in the box and the postal worker forgot to put the package slip in the box. Sat there 3 weeks until he asked them to trace it.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA