[OM] OM-30 locking up problem

Subject: [OM] OM-30 locking up problem
From: "Richard Gill" <richard-james.gill@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:01:00 +0100
Hello -

I've just acquired an OM-30, unfortunately in non-working condition. The
problem is this: when I try to fire the camera the mirror goes up only half
way (it appears physically impossible for it to move any more) and then the
camera becomes jammed. In order to free it I have to take the bottom off and
trip a lever, at which point the shutter fires and the mirror returns to its
resting place. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this camera, or
should I just give up now . . . .

Many thanks,

Richard