Re: [OM] Re: Retro and looking in through the Digital Window

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Retro and looking in through the Digital Window
From: petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:18:12 +0100
Hi,

> From: Per Ohstrom <poo@xxxxxxxxx>

> As a computer engineer, or whatever the title would be in English, I am
> totally fed up with sitting in front of a computer at my spare time, so
> spend that time most willingly in the darkroom instead.  I certainly
> like
> working with real objects in contrast to the digital data I have to deal
> with in my everyday work.  So I think it all adds up to what you really
> want to do.  And I do NOT want to go digital when I don't have to.

I know the feeling.  It feels great to work with something physical for a
change.  I ended up taking a 2-year sabbatical, too, and though the end is stil
a year and a half away, I still shiver at the thought of returning to PCs for a
full time job.

Some Photoshop from time to time is managable (for putting pictures on the
web).  Lots of Photoshop all the time seems horror to me.  I'd rather get some
small spots out by retouching on the print.

Peter.