Re: [OM] Recordata Back

Subject: Re: [OM] Recordata Back
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:28:51 -0500
Cc: chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 4/2/2003 10:27:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I recently attached a new to me Recordata Back 3 on my OM-2n.  On the first,
> and only roll so far, the recorded information (Y,M,D) only appeared on
> exposures #1, 11, 12. and no others.  Nothing to my knowledge changed in my
> setup to account for the failure to register data on the
> other exposures.  I
> found nothing on this problem in the archives.
>
> Anyone have a clue what's the problem?

I'm not an expert on the Recordata Back 3, but I do have a Recordata back 4 and
never had a problem like this.

The first thing I would check is the two contact used for synchronization on
the back of the body and on the Recordata back itself. Might be an intermittent
connection. Try some contact cleaner or a pen eraser on them.

IIRC, the Recordata back 3 has the option of synchronizing with a synch cord in
the PC socket as well. You may want to try this, but I'm not sure if that
connection will work on a body that has the contacts on the back. If you have
an OM-1 or OM-2 (not "n") you may want to try it on one of those.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings