Re: [OM] You must be joking, Shirley

Subject: Re: [OM] You must be joking, Shirley
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:19:49 -0500
>Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:30:56 +1000
>From: "Wayne Harridge"
>Subject: RE: [OM] You must be joking, Velvia ...Wayne
>
>> > The Velvia slide film is a triumph in realism, maybe to the
>>
>> You must be joking!
>>
>> ...Wayne
>
>All I'm saying is that if you want "realism" then Velvia is not the film
>to use.  I don't have any problems with Velvia (though I prefer Kodak
>E100VS) if you want high contrast and high saturation.
>
>...Wayne

This brings up a most interesting point of film vs. digital.  As my brother
and I were sorting 60-some rolls of Velvia over the weekend (looking for a
good Cajon shot to e-mail to Bill Pearce) and looking at Fuji's new Velvia
100/Astia 100 brochure, we were struck with a thought:

You can vary the look of your shots by changing film - Velvia for saturated
colors, Astia for accurate skin tones, Kodachrome to make everything
greenish. ;-)

How in the world are we going to be able to do this with digital?  It would
seem that with digital, you're locked into one "look."

Steve Troy