Re: [OM] Bay Area Get together

Subject: Re: [OM] Bay Area Get together
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:58:16 -0500
On Friday, March 28, 2003 at 11:28
Garth Wood <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 07:37 AM 3/28/2003 -0800, Mike Butler wrote:
>
> >Next, to continue the hectic pace at which my life is running I will be in
> >Canada the week of April 7th.  I know we have quite a few Canadian members,
> >but I do not know if there are any in the Kanata (sort of near Ottawa I'm
> >told) area.
> >  I'll have Saturday free, leaving Sunday morning, but at this time I
> > won't have a car.  So if there are folks in the area interested in
> > getting together or have suggestions for things to see and / or do please
> > drop me a line.

There are actually 4 active camera clubs in the Ottawa area, and two of
them have over 150 members each and meet weekly. On the same night, Tues!
See
    http://raphotoclub.com/
    http://www.cameraclubottawa.com/
Both welcome visitors.

For city info, see
    http://www.capcan.ca
    http://www.ottawakiosk.com
    http://www.ottawa.com/
    http://www.ottawalife.com/

> There's a few -- Tom Trottier comes to mind immediately...  Ottawa has
> several wonderful attractions, such as the various museums, art galleries,
> etc.  And did I mention the nightlife in Hull?  ;-)
>
> Garth (ducking and running from the howls of outrage by Ottawa residents)

You're just getting too old - like me. There's a very active bar scene
along Elgin St. and in the market for the under-40's. Hull has changed
names to Gatineau and is considerably soberer.

Don't forget Mark Dapoz and Willam Clark. We've never all met together,
though I have met William at the RA club.

Perhaps we could schedule a get together some evening while you're around?

tOM

---------
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca  2003 Jun 28-30
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980