Re: [OM] Flash for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash for OM-1
From: julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:47:52 +0000 (GMT)
My go at answers interspersed below....

> 1) Quick Auto 310, with Bounce Grip 1 (can I use Bounce Grip 2?  If
> not, how do I tell the difference between them?)  Optional: Syncro
> Cord.  Optional: Remote Sensor.  Optional: F.AC adaptor.

If you want to use a bounce grip, the remote sensor is not optional! The auto
flash with QA310 and OM1(any) is dependent on the sensor in the flash unit, or
the remote sensor.

Bounce grip 1 only for QA310. Bounce grip2 only for T series. The BG2 swivels
as well as tilts. Loads of other differences, but that's the most obvious.

> 2) PS200 flash unit.
>
> 3) PS200 Quick flash unit.

Never bothered with the Pre - OM guns, as OEM are at least as good.

> 4) non-OEM (my spousal unit recommends to avoid this, and to go for
> auto-flash, which makes option 1 my front-runner).

You get no advantage from an Oly flash gun with an OM1. All flash functions are
gun - controlled. You get the ability to use Oly accessories, but there are OEM
equivalents.

> Are there any more options that have arisen since the manual was
> written?

The T series flash guns. Different range of accessories. No advantage to
yourself with an OM1, and no remote sensor. If you had an OM1n, a T series
would illuminate a flash ready signal in the viewfinder. Whoopy do!

Julian