Re: [OM] Best power for looking at slides?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best power for looking at slides?
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:20:25 -0500
Best "bang for the buck" is probably one of the inexpensive Peak, etc.

There are a number of great loupes on the market.  Leica's aren't made there,
if I remember right.  I think that Schneider makes Leica's loupes.  Wetzlar is
the German town where Leica Camera used to be based, but they've moved to
Solms.

Other loupe makers of note

Schneider
Rodenstock Apo
Maxwell Precision Optics
Contax Carl Zeiss Triotar
NPC

I've got an older Schneider 4x and a Maxwell 6x.  The Maxwell is spectacular,
with a very wide field for the whold 35mm frame.

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address