[OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 versions

Subject: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 versions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:54:16 -0800
But, but, I didn't know there were 2 versions. I spent a lot of time looking at them on the 'Bay and never noticed different versions. I bought one and sent it back because it didn't have tripod mount or hood. I bought another one, just the same, but with the goodies. And I never knew I was falling in a trap. Where do these mysterious, obviously superior (bigger is always better, right?), 83mm versoins hide out? Help! Help!

Moose

Wayne Harridge wrote:

Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Omygod! Are there 2 versions of this lens? Is my 77mm filter size version no good? Oh me, oh my, what to do, what to do............

Isn't it obvious ?  You need both versions.