Re: [OM] New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:48:03 -0500
I think the direction and quality of the light unite the two elements. The
light on her face appears to be the same light making the shadows, and I
think I can find the shadow of that part of her face on the wall.

Given the knowledge that this was taken at a concert, it becomes
sufficiently clear: this is someone reflecting, with a somewhat enigmatic
expression, probably backstage (or beside the performers in an open
setting). For me, it is her expression and body language that make the shot.
The wall shadows are a secondary, "setting" subject - a human face in most
shots becomes the dominant subject (IMO), and especially so for an
interesting face.

Andrew