[OM] Sticky lenses

Subject: [OM] Sticky lenses
From: "M. Sparks" <mms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:30:27 -0500 (EST)

Well, I got my courage up to fix a 50/1.8 with a sticky diaphrgam. (Thanks
Bill Barber) After removing the mount, I found the problem is not the
aperture blades, but the connecting black ring/cam jig under the mount.
Either they are getting pinched somehow, or else the light oil has gummed
up.  There are some steps machined into the rear of the mount to contain
the rings, so I think I'll have to clean that out too, as well as the
edges of the moving rings.

Is this oil supposed to be here?  And after cleaning things up, what
should I replace it with?  Any other hints . . ?

Morgan