Re: [OM] How do you look @ r Slide?

Subject: Re: [OM] How do you look @ r Slide?
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:50:38 -0800 (PST)
For critical evaluation, I use a loupe with the Kodak hand held slide
illuminator, which has a 5000K bulb and holds one slide at a time.
At about $39 bucks, it is a bargain.  My loupes are both from Edmund
Scientifics - one is a 12X which has awesome resolving power and the
other is their wide field 6X, which is a serious piece of glass - you
can see the whole slide and it has a beautiful quality image.  I like
this technique because I can easily hold up the Kodak and look with
the loop while comparing the image on my PC monitor.
To run through a box of slides quickly to find what I am looking for
or for a quick non critical view I use the hand held Panaview slide
viewer that takes a stack at a time.  It does not have a great image
and the color is very warm.
For group viewing, a Kodak carousel projector.  Wish it had a better
lens though.
For sorting, a simple slide sorter viewer.
Once what I really like is scanned into the computer, I like to have
them roll through on a slide show or screen saver.

=====