[OM] Rescanning.....

Subject: [OM] Rescanning.....
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:56:13 -0500
I've spent quite a bit of yesterday and much of today scanning negatives
that I have scanned before. Now that may seem silly, and perhaps it is, but
I think it is worth the effort.

You see, these are some of my favorite images and were first scanned on my
Sprintscan 4000. Now I am scanning them on my Nikon 4000ED.  The project has
nothing to do with the scanners, as they are virtually equal in their
abilities. It is all to do with operator error.

I have learned so much since then and committed the fatal error of newbie
scanners.  I saved my changes on top of the original.  This was during my
'if a little Unsharp mask is good, then a lot of USM is great' period and
now I appreciate the subtleties better.

I'm not sure it will be worth it, but I am going to print, mat and frame
some prints for the house and thought I would try to make them my best
efforts.

It is fun, though.
Tom