Re: [OM] digital theatres

Subject: Re: [OM] digital theatres
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:50:52 -0500
Bill,

I agree -- for the civilized world.

But what about Europe?

Kidding, kidding.

I do beleive there will be a conversion in the 'West', but what about the
movies theatres in the third world.  They won't change anytime soon.

I do understand the film is different, but my point is that film, in one
format or another, will be here for a long, long time.

That said, some areas are converting fast. My wife's last endoscopy, all the
images were digital and immediately printing on what looked like a small dye
sub printer.  They don't need film anymore.

I'm not sure I really do either :)

I have to admit a very, very high percentage of my images are digital
anymore.

Tom