Re: [OM] Macro Photography question

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Photography question
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:53:49 -0800
At 04:13 PM 3/17/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
Some of the new digital P&S's have a "macro" feature, which allows macro photography.. who is this achieved? I don't think there's a free floating element in the lenses to compensate for the closeness of the objects..

So I would love it if someone could shed some light on this.

It's digital, so it can do ANYTHING :-)

I don't know, may be it's similar to the macro mode to some of the cheap zoom lens? Still don't know how it's done of course. Someone else has to explain that. My eyes glaze over when I see the word Fourier transform :-)