RE: [OM] Photography lists (was: More Changes than the Film) (OT)

Subject: RE: [OM] Photography lists (was: More Changes than the Film) (OT)
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:13:52 -0800
At 02:58 PM 3/13/2003 +1100, Marc Lawrence wrote:
> Winsor Crosby [mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> That site was one of the few exceptions I was referring to.

Ahhh. You see, for me, my photography-forum-universe is almost
completely OM-list and EOS-list. Both are by far my most valued
photo-list subscriptions, though they are somewhat different in
form. Apologies for not seeing your gist, Winsor. I'm a bit
thick sometimes (especially towards the end of a workday and
work week) :-)

Come to think of it, are there any other email-lists people
here subscribe to of a "general photography" nature that bring
experience, education and inspiration that this list (and for me,
EOSlist) provides (yes, even with the OT stuff <g>)?

Is there such a thing as "General Photography List?" :-) I thought we are all gearheads. I had bad experience with the Cosina Voigtlander list. Heck, worst list I have ever seen in terms of bastard "list police." See archive here for details. I have been on the Le*ca User Group list for 2 months or so now. The OT posts here is NOTHING compared to theirs. There are however some really knowledgeable listers there as well. Different from the knowledgeable folks here (well OK, Skip and other straddle both lists also). The photos tend to be very different also.