Re: [OM] More Changes than the Film

Subject: Re: [OM] More Changes than the Film
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:18:22 -0500
From: "Winsor Crosby"

> Every one talks about megapixels and
> sensor size ... you would think there would be some concern about the
> glass. When did that go away? Or do I just not get it? :-)

Yeah Winsor, you just don't "get it" ;-).

I think that it was easy to compare glass when the medium used in comparing
the image (film) was constant or had known  variables.  With digital, no two
cameras' sensors are the same, and no real standard on the horizon.
Arguments about "real" v. interpolated resolution abound.  You're right, we
read literally loads of horse-puckey about the advantages of the various
sensor systems.  After all, why not just fix it in PShop?  People have
forgotten about the glass.  From the looks of a few (admittedly) of the
modern cameras that I have seen, the lens makers have forgotten about the
glass, as well.

Jamie
Fort Myers, FL