Re: [OM] You look so blurry!

Subject: Re: [OM] You look so blurry!
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:03:19 -0500
Use fast film for more DOF and a higher SS, and give them a wide angle like a
35mm lens to provide for more error when they your heads in the  middle of the
frame.

Sometimes I setup the photo by pre-focusing the lens and asking the lucky
photographer to "stand here" and take the picture.  But more often than not,
they end if screwing up the framing.

I agree with your sentiments, to find someone who looks competent to take the
picture.

If you shoot AF and your camera can do MF, I'd recommend pre-focusing that
camera too.

The craft of photography for the masses is dead, if it ever was alive.  You
only have to look at the crap that goes through a one-hour lab to see that.
But most people don't want to learn the skills.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost