RE: [OM] Parts purchase volunteers HUH?

Subject: RE: [OM] Parts purchase volunteers HUH?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:14:04 -0700
At 09:27 AM 3/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Do you mean that the parts are no good?  This is a cool auction.

Where did they get teh stuff?

It appears to be a liquidation lot of parts from Carsen, a Canadian distributor and repairer of the OM System (and other Oly products); Carsen's been backing away from the business for some years now, and appears to have thrown in the towel as far as Oly cameras are concerned.

Most of the parts are just fine, but as Clint and John have initimated, unlikely to be useful (there's little "history" of these parts failing in actual cameras, so buying up lots of these parts is just tying up valuable finances in inventory which is likely never to be needed). That being said, I looked over the actual parts list and thought, "Hmmmm, if *only* I could do some strategic cherry-picking..."

Garth