[OM] Tripod mount for Tamron 80-200mm

Subject: [OM] Tripod mount for Tamron 80-200mm
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:40:52 -0800
The Olympus tripod mount can be modified to work adequately with the
Tamron 80-200 f2.8. The little bump inside the mounting ring has to be
removed and the hole the ring tightening screw passes through needs to
be enlarged away from the lens. It's not perfect but seems to work
pretty well. Takes about 5-10 minutes grinding with a dremel.

The Tamron tube is slightly larger than the Olympus so when the Olympus
tripod mount is put on the Tamron, there is about an 1/8 inch gap left
open where the ring tightens around the tube. It would probably be best
to get a longer screw to tighten the ring closed.

-jeff

There's not much you can do to make up for the missing tripod
mount.  I use my 80-200 hand-held probably 75 percent of the time,
but I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't put it on a tripod
occasionally.