Re: [OM] Vivitar 135 telephotos

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 135 telephotos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:03:18 -0800
The best site about this stuff that I know of is <http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html#vivitar> .It discusses the Vivitar 135mm lenses and the T-4 and TX mounts specifically. Lots of other good stuff on this site.

Moose

Roger D. Key wrote:

Yes Viktor,

it is like Tamrons. You would need a TX mount, which is much harder to find
than Tamron adaptall mounts. Note that a T-mount is not the same thing at all.

Viktor wrote:
Hi guys I'm new here. I'm not a pro photog but I have a serious question. I
have seen Vivitar 135 telephotos
for sale. I found reference to Series1 lenses and they seem to be odd f-sizes
like 2.7 or something like that.
Then I find reference to normal f-size like 2.8. KEH has a 2.8/135 lens for
sale but it states WITH TX-MOUNT. Is
this like the Tamron where an adaptor is needed? Are all Vivitar 2.8/135 lenses
the same or did they make many
versions? Does a website explain all of this? Thanks.