Re: [OM] Cheap Tamron 80-200mm on ebay BIN $225

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap Tamron 80-200mm on ebay BIN $225
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:00:00 -0500
There's not much you can do to make up for the missing tripod
mount.  I use my 80-200 hand-held probably 75 percent of the time,
but I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't put it on a tripod
occasionally.

As for the hood, you can substitute a 77mm screw-in hood.  Since I
already had a set of 82mm filters when I got this lens and wasn't
inclined to invest in 77mm filters for use on only one lens, I got
a 77-82mm step-up ring and an 82mm metal lens hood.  Now, when I'm
using a filter, the "real" Tamron bayonet hood gets the day off.

Oh, and yes, this lens is every bit as good as we say.  :-)

Walt