Re: [OM] Oly parts

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly parts
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:12:54 -0800
OK I put it a bid for $3000 but the reserved is not met. So much for $0.03 to the dollar :-)

If *I* were actually to get it, I can sell them off piecewise to whoever wants it. Oh boy, where the heck would I put the stuff :-) ?

At 05:56 PM 3/7/2003 -0800, Jim Brokaw wrote:
on 3/7/03 11:55 AM, Richard  Hawkins at rhawkin3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anyone need olympus parts.........
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2915693784&category=29982
>
> 50,000 parts - from point and shoot up to OM4 parts
>
> no connection
>
> Rich

I asked this guy to send me the Excel spreadsheet... and there's lots of
goodies in there. Multiple instances of top and bottom plates for most
models of OM's... lens elements (but not the -right- lens elements for the
fisheyes I have) and a whole bunch of 'springs' 'screws' 'shims' and such
that only Clint or John H would know what to do with.

Speaking of which, I hope Clint and John are at least watching this
auction... seems like a chance to augment the repair part inventory at
possibly a good cost. When I was selling off excess inventory we were glad
to get $0.03 on the dollar, so the "$93,000 at dealer cost" might represent
a much smaller real investment.

With the price of battery caps (this lot includes 268 black OM-1/1n battery
covers), MD covers, and other little bits lately, maybe I'll throw out a
bid. Just what I need, more OM stuff...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...