[OM] 4/3's lack of WA lens

Subject: [OM] 4/3's lack of WA lens
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:44:24 +0800
There's some talk about the lack of a wide angle lens on the 4/3rd's system...
Also, since my 50mm is my favorite, a lack of a standard fast prime..

BUT... I have this funny feeling (maybe it's from lunch??) that Olympus is going to drop the bomb on the rest of the photography world, and come out with something like a 50mm f1.2 or 50mm f1.0 as the standard lens!!

That would just about drop the jaws and crank up the sales... Sell that for 1/5th the price of the Canon 50mm/f1.0 or the Leica Notilux and you are rollin'!!

I'd like to see a 24mm and a 28mm as well as 35mm. of course, 21mm and 14mm FULL FRAME!!... While we are going wide, might as well stick that 8mm fisheye in the request..

Albert