Re: [OM] [Immensely OT] Fatheads, lawn tractors, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] [Immensely OT] Fatheads, lawn tractors, etc.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:10:16 -0500
Story number 2.

11 years old.

Riding an old Sears mini-bike, wearing a wet bathing suit. No helmet, it was
1971.

Turns out I'd neglected to get the gas cap on tight and it had fallen off.
Gas was flying everwhere, including onto the exhaust pipe.  I was blissfully
riding along shooting flames behind me.  Only when I noticed our next door
neighbor chasing me with a fire extinguisher did I look down and quickly
jumped off.  Bike continued about 10 feet, fell over, and burst into flames.

Tom