[OM] Olympus steps up advertising?

Subject: [OM] Olympus steps up advertising?
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:15:12 -0800
All,

This may be old news to the list ( I am a couple of days behind in reading the Digest) But I submit this in order to maintain the OT quotient of the List. It would appear that Olympus may be ready to step up its advertising budget in order to keep up with the rest of the digital world. They sure picked what looks like a sure thing by backing Ferrari this year ...

Posted from  grandprix.com

Ferrari lands sponsorship from Olympus

Ferrari has announced a three-year sponsorship deal with the Olympus company, a world leader in digital appliances and medical equipment. Established in Japan in 1919 Olympus was best known for its cameras but in recent years the surge in digital products has resulted in the company reprofiling and moving into microcassettes, binoculars, medical equipment and industrial microscopes. The firm has a history in F1 as it was a sponsor of the Lotus team in 1978 - which was the most successful season for a team in that era with the World Championship being won by Mario Andretti and of Wolf in 1979.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California