Re: [OM] size of the 4/3 E-system

Subject: Re: [OM] size of the 4/3 E-system
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:49:05 -0800

On Sunday, March 2, 2003, at 01:42 PM, Richard F. Man wrote:

So it appears that Olympus is rolling the E-Systems into the 4/3 interchangable SLR system. I suppose this will satisfy the DSLR people and the people who are looking for upgrades to their E-10/E-20.

.... BUT while the lens may be smaller compared to the equivalent SLR lens, one of the main selling point of the OM system to *me* is the small size. While I have only held the E-20 for a few minutes, my recollection is that the body is pretty large, comparable to most wonderbricks.

Ah well....

// richard

That is a good point. The 2/3 chip is in a number of "prosumer" models and Olympus' version is the largest and the most expensive. Hmm. You wonder whether Oly completely lost their focus(sorry) when Maitani no longer controlled the product line.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA