[OM] Some tech data for the "tropical cabinet"

Subject: [OM] Some tech data for the "tropical cabinet"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:39:56 -0500
Thanks to whomever first pointed out the Goldenrod dehumidifier. By looking up Goldenrod's website I discovered the sizes and wattages of these units.

As the Kodak "tropical cabinet" was described it used a light bulb to provide the heat. What I didn't know and was looking for was what sort of wattage was required. Clearly it depends on the size of the cabinet and the amount of ventilation but I was looking for some ballpark numbers. From the specs on the Goldenrod units it appears that it doesn't take very much.

Check here: <http://www.goldenroddehumidifiers.com/pages/other-pages/specs.html> to see that the lengths range from 12-36" and the wattage from 8-25 with application ranging from 100-300 cubic feet. These work out to 12-20 cubic feet per watt. As I said, not much power. These are the upper limtis, however. Goldenrod's instructions urge more power when in doubt or, more specifically, more Goldenrod units.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA