RE: [OM] Shakey Hands...

Subject: RE: [OM] Shakey Hands...
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:40:30 -0800
> Seriously, just a few "calming" moments before taking the picture can help.
> Stopping mid-way through a brisk walk to take a photo can be a nightmare, if
> the pulse has been racing !  A couple of gentle breaths and a moment to
> relax can make a big difference to me.  Much like Rifle Shooting, which I
> used to be quite good at, where you should moderate your breathing and fire
> the trigger at just the right moment between breaths.

Makes you appreciate the biathaloner's doesn't it? And using a backpack
(MicroTrekker)  isn't such an inconvienience either since the time
necessary to stop and get out the gear let's the heart slow down a bit.
I also have found a monopod with the leg out front and with my legs
spread and leaning into the monopod makes a pretty good human tripod.

mike