Re: [OM] Photoshop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop question
From: Simon Gotlieb <simong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:37:11 +1300
Hi.

There's two great ways to accomplish this I reckon.

1. Go to the Hue and Saturation menu (Image:Adjustments:Hue/Saturation)

Pull the Saturation over to the left. This is like turning down the color on
your tv set.

Then select Image:Mode: Grayscale from the menu.

This method will ensure that your density values are correct (unlike just
going Mode: Grayscale which can mess them up  a bit.

2. Change the color space to LAB color (Mode: LAB)

In the channels palette you will see the following color channels:
Lightness, a and b.

Delete a & b channels, leaving only the lightness channel.

It's now a single-channel multichannel image. Go to Image:Mode:Grayscale.

Hope this helps. It's actually from Photoshop 7, but its been the same since
about version 3 (I've been using Photoshop since version 1.5 - a looooong
time ago - 1992)

Cheers

Si

On 25/2/03 19:12, "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a non Oly question. I know it's strange to have non Olympus comments
> on this list, so please bear with me.
>
> How do I change a drawing from colour to black and white in Photoshop 6.0? I
> would like to be able to set the colour density to determine whether the
> colour will go to white or black.
>
> Black and white here means mono colour. I'm doing some manuals for work and
> the printing and disk space is much less as black and white drawings.
>
> I've been shooting some K25 around the bushfires recently. I've still got to
> get a slide scanner.....
>
> Thanks
>
> Foxy

?