Re: [OM] Re: (OM ) OM taking the top off

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: (OM ) OM taking the top off
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:14:02 -0800
Possibly because, like me, they have removed a number of those plates without doing that. I may try it next time, but will have to think it through. Not uncommonly, possibly because the camera has been worked on before, the holes in the top plate line up with those in the nut below, and I'm not sure I want a lot of solvent pouring down into my camera's winder mechanism.

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

Tom wrote

Well, I am making progress. I believe I see how to fix the latch, but need to
get the top off.  I have the rewind side done --- I remembered how to unscrew
the know, etc.

How do I get the wind side off?  I know the ASA knob stays on the top.

AS far as I have got through this Digest, nobody has yet mentioned the need to use a solvent ( eg naphtha - lighter fluid ) through the two little holes, to loosen up the glue holding that plate on.