[OM] Extension Tubes 7/14/25

Subject: [OM] Extension Tubes 7/14/25
From: "Chris Barrett" <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:58:00 -0000
Dear Folks,

I can tell you which one I have picked.

I originally brought the original 25mm tube to use with the 50mm f/1.8, and a
2x converter to give me 1:1 magnification. i used this for a long time and
about half the examples on our Olympus gallery are done with this setup. This
was at a time (1979) when the auto tube wasn't available here.

Later on I bought a 50mm f/3.5 lens, and later still an Olympus 2XA. So I now
use a 7mm Auto tube between the 50mm and the 2XA because of the back protusion
of the lens. This gives me up to 1.2x mag depending on the extension I set on
the 50mm. It has the advantage for insect photography over a 25mm extension
tube of giving a greater lens to subject distance. Otherwise they fly away!

Chris

Dan wrote:

"Extension Tubes 7/14/25
If you could only have one, what one would you pick?"