Re: [OM] Tamron 80 - 200 versus Zuiko 60 to 200

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80 - 200 versus Zuiko 60 to 200
From: "tscales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:22:57 -0500
TOTALLY different animals.  The 65-200/4 is a nice zoom. It's MUCH smaller than
the Tamron and is really only useful outside.  It's a very nice Zuiko to use,
although I prefer the 50-250/5 for its greater reach.

The Tamron is MUCH more specialized.  It's huge in comparison but is FAST --
f/2.8 is incredible at that zoom range.  Useful indoors, useful at twilight and
night games for sports.  I don't use mine often, but when I need it, nothing
else works.

The answer:  You need them both.

As for price, I believe I paid around $400-450 for my Tamron with the SP 2X and
a pair of OM (OL) Mounts.

Tom

   &gt;
   &gt;  With all this talk of the Tamron 80 - 200 SP, how does it compare to
the
   &gt;  Zuiko 60 to 200 f4?  What should I expect to pay for the Tamron in
good used
   &gt;  shape?
   &gt;
   &gt;  Devon