Re: [OM] Problem with OM-2n Hot Shoe Socket

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem with OM-2n Hot Shoe Socket
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:47:00 +0100
I had a problem with an OM-2n where I could not mount the Shoe4. I noticed
that the black plastic packing where the two rear pins slide in was higher
than the surrounding metal surface. It turned out that the black plastic
sleeve had been reversed during an earlier repair re-assembly; after it had
been reversed, I could mount the Shoe4.

Regards/Mvh.,
Roger Key

Devon wrote:

I just purchased an OM-2n on Ebay.  The body is actually in very good
condition.  The only problem is the hot shoe socket.  Try as I might, I
cannot get an accessory shoe 4 or a TTL connector 4 to attach to the
socket.
The threads don't ever "bite".  I've attached both shoes to an OM-1n with
no
problem.  Do the threads in the hot shoe sockets ever strip out?  Anybody
venture a guess on how expensive such a repair might be?  Overall, I'm
happy
with the body but I don't want to spend a lot of money on the socket
problem.

Devon