Re: [OM] .......stuck.....

Subject: Re: [OM] .......stuck.....
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:11:23 -0500
Yeah.  Been there.  I've tried the conventional fix: Put the glass and print
in a sink of soapy water for an hour.  The theory is that wetting agent will
penetrate to the stuck membrane and they will let go from each other.

Maybe it worked with fibre-based paper (from 25 years ago or bought
specially) but on my recent resin-coated (plastic based print material), it
did not penetrate the plastic barrier.  That's why the wash times are
shorter.

I didn't fix mine but the lessons are:

1.  Don't display photos in the bathroom or kitchen where high humidity will
haunt and ruin your work.
2.  If it's good work, it must sit back from the glass with a "mat".  In the
USA, you can buy precut mats with a 5x7 opening to fit in an 8x10 frame.
Other than that, you need an expensive trip to the framer every single time.
3.  I wish I had better news.

Lama