SV: [OM] Tamron 28-80 F3.5/4.2 Adaptall-2 Model 27A Lens

Subject: SV: [OM] Tamron 28-80 F3.5/4.2 Adaptall-2 Model 27A Lens
From: "Lars Bundesen" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:34:45 +0100
Hi,

In a German test back in '84, the Tamron SP3,5-4,2/28-80 mm lens was the
test winner in a group of these lenses, slightly ahead of the Tokina AT-X
lens.

Judging from the charts, the weakest performance was fully open at 28 mm,
where corner performance was not too good. No sign of poor performance at 80
mm.

I have one, as I like the wider zoom range compared to the 35-70 Olympus
lenses.
It doesn't work, though. While lying in the drawer, the zoom ring has
jammed.
Anybody knows how to fix this?

One drawback of 28 mm zoom lenses is that the lens shade is not very
effective.

Lars