Re: [OM] Hints for Kodan Technical Pan film? (OT joke)

Subject: Re: [OM] Hints for Kodan Technical Pan film? (OT joke)
From: Klaus Elmquist Nielsen <klaus.elmquist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:03:19 +0100
Hi Chris,

Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> These days I can only dream of 400kts or above.

But at least you have tried it. :-)

I remember a quote by Michael Skinner wrote in a fighter book about
how it is to be a passanger in a fast jet:

        "I always look forward to jet rides. And I always look
         back on them with fond memories. But while I'm in it,
         all I want is out."

Just reread it for this posting. Got a lot of books about fighters.

Still dreaming of a fast jet ride one day. Will most likely never
happen though.

I do however take a lot of pictures on air force open house days,
at least the last two years. And so far only with OM gear. The air
force even ok'ed shooting infrared film of the fighters. And yes,
I did ask first. For my own safety.

Too bad that the danish airforce have canceled the open house day this
year because of financial reasons!

> Yesterday, I gave a
> pretty blonde student an air experience trip and we got all excited
> at 150kts.   She enjoyed that, but she would not let me fly any
> aerobatics.

Sounds great. Did you enjoy the view? :-)

> If only I had had an OM with me to record the scene!  I
> need some form of case which can be secured to somewhere in the
> cockpit, is safe to +6/-3g and is accessible for photo opps.  I
> cannot fix a mount to the aircraft structure (we don't own the
> aircraft).

Hmm, I have no idea about what flight safety rules dictates. But what
about a little camera bag that can be fastened to your leg or a belt?
Or perhaps to the seat?

Cheers,
Klaus