Re: [OM] Did Olympus make this stuff?

Subject: Re: [OM] Did Olympus make this stuff?
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:29:02 +0000
IIRC the only things Olympus made for astrophotgraphy use were the 1-8 focussing screen and the projection adaptor (I can't remember whether it was prime focus or eyepiece projection) which fits into the telescope's focusser. I was seriously impressed that they did these and would love to get hold of them both just out of interest. You can buy these adaptors pretty easily now from most scope manufacturers (or build them from plastic tubes!). Olympus were (are) cool!

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

Skip Williams wrote:

It looks like the binocular head for a microscope.  There haven't been many
makers of binocular attachments for astronomical use, but they do exist.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost