Re: [OM] Re: 250 Film Back Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 Film Back Question
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:21:21 -0800
on 2/12/03 11:05 AM, John Duggan at john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Jan, Ilford used to sell a 72 exp film on polyester backing? I wonder if
> they still sell it...I THINK it was HP5.  Regards,  John Duggan, Wales, UK.

Thanks for the answers about the 250 back's uses... it seems to be highly
specialized. I've only ever seen pictures of them being used on the
sidelines of a football game, or other sporting events, the 'real pros' had
big cameras (usually Nik*ns) with the motordrive and 250 back. I suppose
with Sports Illustrated buying the film it didn't matter how much you used.

The time I tried using my MD2 at the motorcycle races I didn't get many good
pictures, the frames were all either 'too early' or 'too late', it seems
5fps doesn't sync up with good images all that easily.

Regarding the 72 exp rolls, the only way I can think that would work is if
the film was much thinner than standard, and that seems like it would be a
problem getting the film to lie flat in the camera... I suspect you could
get sharpness issues if the film 'floated' in the film rails.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...