[OM] celebrity

Subject: [OM] celebrity
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:04:58 -0800
>> Five years ago a TIME photographer dropped by to photograph
>> me for TIME Digital. He had several cameras, and the shutter on
>> one (a Nikon) failed in the middle of the shoot.

> William: for what occasion were you being photographed by TIME?
> You must be some sort of celebrity, who I fail to know.

Well, I was/am fairly well known in the hi-fi biz. I used to review for
Stereophile, and am notorious for calling people manufacturers to their
face.

However, in this case I had complained to TIME Digital about repeated
problems with my ZEOS computer that Micron (who'd bought ZEOS) absolutely
refused to do anything about. TIME Digital was willing to "go to bat" for
people who had intractable problems; I wasn't the only person who appeared
in TIME Digital complaining about poor treatment.

If it's of any interest, my appearance had no effect on Micron. Which is one
of the reasons when I bought a new computer in 2001, it was _not_ a Micron.